Included in existing codes at LETEC, with zero rates, the following drugs and medical equipment, all without national manufacture:
- Immunological products in the form of medicaments used for the treatment of various types of cancer at an advanced stage, classified under code 3002.15.90 of the Mercosur Common Nomenclature (NCM): from 2% to zero.
- Etravirin is indicated for the treatment of people living with HIV / AIDS (PLWHA); Ibrutinib is indicated for the treatment of relapsed or refractory adult patients with Mantle Cell Lymphoma (MCL) and those with Chronic Lymphoid Leukemia (CLL); and Nilotinib Hydrochloride is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML) Positive or chromosome Philadelphia chromosome positive after failure or intolerance to at least one prior therapy (NCM 3004.90.69): from 2% to zero.
Pazopanibe Hydrochloride is used to treat advanced and/or metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC), a form of kidney cancer; Darunavir is indicated for the treatment of HIV infection in adult patients previously exposed to treatment and who have failed previous treatments with other protease inhibitors; and Nusinersena is used to treat patients with Spinal Muscular Atrophy (AME) with deletion or mutation in the SMN1 gene located on chromosome 5q, (NCM 3004.90.79): from 2% to zero.
- Electric scalpels with ultrasonic technology (NCM 9018.90.99) indicated for high complexity surgeries such as transplants, for soft tissue incisions when controlling bleeding and minimizing thermal injuries: from 2% to zero.
The following products used to install data centers (datacenters) have been added to LETEC with reduced tariffs for external purchases. Data centers are centralized repositories integrated into a telecommunications network for the purpose of storing, managing and disseminating data and information.
- Aluminum electrolytes, (NCM 8532.22.00): from 16% to 4%.
- Circuit Breakers (NCM 8536.20.00): from 18% to 8%.
- Fitted with connection parts (NCM 8544.42.00): from 16% to 8%.
CONSUMER GOODS BELOW WILL ALSO HAVE COST REDUCTION FOR IMPORTS:
- Hygienic tampons, tampons, baby diapers and similar diapers of any material (NCM 9619.00.00): from 16% to 12%.
- Others (premium engines) “Otto cycle” used in motor vehicles (NCM 8407.34.90): from 18% to 2%.
- Forged aluminum wheels used on trucks and buses (NCM 8708.70.90): from 18% to 2%.
- Plates and strips, clad with or plated on one or both sides, with plates of different aluminum alloys (NCM 7606.12.90) used for the manufacture of various automotive components, in the heat exchangers of air conditioning, radiators of water and air, chillers, condensers and heaters: from 12% to 2%.
PRODUCTS WITH DEADLINES AND QUANTITIES EXTENDED UNTIL 31 DECEMBER 2019
- Unalloyed aluminum (NCM 7601.10.00), the raw material used in the manufacture of flat or rolled sheets, sheets and discs used in the transport, construction, packaging and consumer goods industries: from 6% to zero.
- Own papers for the manufacture of plasterboard, roll (NCM 4805.92.90) used for construction. Paper is an integral part of drywall defining the surfaces of the set and containing the plaster inside: from 12% to 2%.
- Rutile-type pigments (NCM 3206.11.10), used in the production of base papers for melamine decorative laminates and with the function of giving the final product (paper and laminate) the required color and opacity characteristics: from 12% to 6%, with quota of 130,000 tons; and from 12% to 0%, with a quota of 12,580 tons, for the tariff highlight.
PRODUCTS ALREADY INCLUDED IN LETEC THAT HAVE HAVE BEEN ADJUSTED
- Acrylic acid (NCM 2916.11.10), a basic input used by industries mainly in diaper production. It was included in LETEC with import tax increase from 2% to 10% and had its tax rate reduced to 6%.
- Other ( sevoflurane ), an inhaled anesthetic agent used for induction and maintenance of general anesthesia (NCM 3004.90.99). He was in LETEC with the import tax increase from 8% to 14% and had the tax rate reduced to 8%.
- Sodium polyacrylate (NCM 3906.90.44), an input used by industries, mainly in diaper production, had a high import tax from 2% to 12% and a tariff reduction of 8%.
Source: Ministry of Economy.